Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Scrapbook Layout

So, I have finally decided to take the plunge into the realm of digital scrapbooking. A major decision for me, since I have a lot of money, time and space (storage space that is) invested in traditional paper scrapbooking. Here are my first few pages I decided to scrap. They are all about hubby's 42nd birthday, which if you are a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan, is a big deal since 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. Such fun memories, everyone came in their towels, bathrobes, or other character attire from the book (or movie, or radio show). I had to find some kits that featured dolphins, space, robots, and more. Here is how my layouts turned out. Pretty awesome I must say. Grab your towel, pour yourself a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, and try to picture them as two-page spreads. 



My scrapbook pages were made with a large smattering of different digital kits, but the most elements came from Fly Me to the Moon, Under the Sea and At the Dropoff. All of these kits were $2.50 or less. I found that designers move their scrapbooking kits around to different stores frequently, so I hope you can find them. The first two kits are at JustSoScrappy, and I am not sure where exactly to find At the Dropoff right now. 
Under The Sea Kit
Fly Me To The Moon Kit
I also used a free digital kit called ScrappyCocoa "Space" Mini Kit, but unfortunately I cannot seem to actually find it again in cyberspace again to link it for you. Sorry about this...
Well all you Hoopy Froods, there you have it. My first digital scrapbooking pages. So long and thanks for all the fish!







No comments:

Post a Comment